Summer Hair Survival Guide
It’s safe to say we’ve been waiting a long time for summer to arrive!
But we aren't fond of the prospect of dealing with frizz, dryness, and dullness a lot of us face in the summer months. There’s no reason to hide your hair in a ponytail or braid during our favorite time of year! Below are some tips for surviving the summer months.
1. Don’t wash your hair every day. Over washing will dry out your scalp, which may cause dandruff. Shampooing every 2-3 days instead of every day also preserves the longevity of your color.
2. Keep your beach bag stocked with these three summer must-haves from Surface (all products are available in salon). Added bonus: all of these products protect your hair color from the sun's UVA and UVB rays!
Swirl Sea Salt Spray: gives texture for a beach wave look.
Awaken Leave-In Mist: conditions and strengthens. especially fine or blonde hair.
Trinity Dry Shampoo: refreshes your roots without leaving that white residue.
3. Invest in hair treatments. Humidity causes frizz and dryness because it changes the hair's chemical structure. Treatments are meant to replenish the hair's moisture and even balance the hair's pH levels. At CR Salon, we offer a variety of them - talk to your stylist to determine which ones are best suited for your hair.
4. Swimmers: If you have to get your hair wet in the pool or the ocean, first rinse your locks with cold water, then leave conditioner in your hair. This will prevent your hair from absorbing too much chlorine or sea salt. Over time, chlorine will give blonde hair a greenish hue. When you get out of the water, rinse the conditioner out.
5. Don’t overuse hairspray - most brands contain a high alcohol content and can dry out your hair. It's okay to touch up baby hairs around your hairline or do a quick once-over, but don't go Dolly Parton crazy with it!